“Creating opportunities to enjoy life and have fun”
To improve health, wellbeing and lifestyles of our local communities.
Work together to continually improve services and facilities so we become the first choice to ‘enjoy life and have fun’.
Excel in customer service - “Do the right thing first time”
You are in safe hands - “Manage and reduce risk”
Value our colleagues - “Attract, develop and keep great people”
Make every penny count - “Bring about financial certainty”
Be charitable - “Provide opportunities in our communities”
Invest in our business - “Improve things for everyone”
Partnerships will make us stronger - “Collaboration will help us achieve our goals”
Lead through innovation - “Ideas and suggestions are essential”
Your Leisure Kent Limited is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with charitable status. Registration number 28889R.
“The objects of the Society shall be to provide or assist in the provision of facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation in Kent and the surrounding area of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances with the object of improving their conditions of life and to advance the education of the public in leisure activities”
Achieving our values and aims will assist us to deliver our charitable objectives which are:
- Contribute to the reduction of health inequality through participation in physical activity by all age groups.
- Assist in improving the well-being of the local community through access to high quality and educational leisure time experiences.
- Ensure that people in poverty and other disadvantaged groups of the community are not excluded from using our facilities or participating in our services.
- Help tackle childhood obesity and local activity levels through a comprehensive programme of sports and arts development and health activities for the whole community.
- Assist in promoting and raising standards in sport and the arts through cooperation with a range of local amateur sports clubs and community based arts groups.
- Contribute to reducing youth crime and anti-social behaviour by providing accessible, interesting and educational activities for young people.
- Help local local groups supporting disabled people and to improve opportunity to access our facilities and services.
- Promote the role of “arts” in improving the wellbeing and lifestyle of the local community.