The First aid at work course provides the comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most workplaces to become a confident first aider at work. Giving both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive first aid training or are looking to become the nominated First Aid at Work representative for their workplace.
What you will learn
The content of the course will cover the following:
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
As well as an array of topics including;
- Resuscitation (adult CPR), Seizures (adult), Severe allergic reaction & Shock
- Asthma, Chest pains (including heart attack), Stroke, Choking (adult) & Fainting
- Bleeding (minor and severe), Burns and scalds,
- Head injuries, Eye injuries & Spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Low blood sugar
- Defibrillator usage
Candidates need a basic command of English - both written and spoken
How is the qualification assessed
Multi-choice exam paper
Current Courses Available are Listed Below