What is this qualification?
The RLSS NPLQ Renewal is a one-day assessment for candidates who wish to renew their National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and extend this for a further 2 years.
Candidates must be:
- Your RLSS NPLQ qualification must be in date when you renew, so if your lifeguard qualification is due to expire for example on the 1st April 2019, then you must organise your renewal date for before the 1st April 2019.
- Hold a current full National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) and bring the certificate with you to your renewal assessment.
- Have access to a copy of "The Lifeguard 9th Edition”, available from Lifesavers Direct, including recent updates.
External or Non-Your Leisure Employees Only
- To be eligible for a NPLQ renewal you must have, over 2 years of your qualification's validity, acquired 20 hours of ongoing training.
- You must bring with you written evidence of having completed these 20 hours of lifesaving, CPR, First Aid and competency assessment in conjunction with the undertaking of lifeguarding duties.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed through practical and theory assessment on the day of the NPLQ requalification course. This qualification, providing you pass, will extend your NPLQ qualification by a further 2 years ensuring you can continue your duties as a lifeguard.
The three sections that must be successfully passed are as follows;
Practical pool assessment
Theory Assessment (exam) for all 3 sections
Practical First Aid & CPR assessment
Current Courses Available are Listed Below