Last updated: 9 March 2020
Your Leisure is following ongoing guidance from Public Health England and we are taking this situation seriously. Your Leisure is committed to ensuring the highest standards for our members and customers, and working hard to maintain safe and hygienic centres.
Your Leisure’s Corporate Management Team has issued a comprehensive guide to Coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure that all our facilities are fully briefed on the facts and current guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have precautionary measures in place, such as the installation of hand sanitiser stations, and decontamination protocols.
Our enhanced cleaning procedures are precautionary and there to help us combat the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are are actively:
- Increasing the frequency of the cleaning of our facilities and equipment; with a focus on areas of high contact such as equipment, door handles, lockers, counter tops, barriers etc.
- We are making sure our soap dispensers are regularly topped up and our hand sanitiser stations are stocked.
- Sharing guidance from PHE with our members and customers so that everyone has the facts and know what to do.
However, we also need your help. Please ensure that you:
- Wipe down the equipment thoroughly before and after use with the cleaning materials provided by the centre.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after using the equipment.
- Please make use of our hand wash and sanitiser as you enter and leave a centre.
- If you are feeling unwell, please we recommend you do not attend the gym.
- If you sneeze or cough: Catch it in a tissue and bin it. Our staff will help you find the nearest bin.
- Follow all Government guidance if you are returning from travelling.
Currently, our sites are open as usual, in line with current Public Health England guidance. However, we are monitoring the situation closely and taking advice from Public Health England, as well as our partners at TDC and DDC. As new guidance is issued, Your Leisure will take the required action.
If you need personal health advice specifically in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19), you should call the NHS 111 service or your GP. Please do not attend your GP or emergency department without phoning in advance.
If you have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and you have recently used our facilities, please contact the centres reception team via phone or email: