Your Leisure is a Disability Confident Committed Employer
Your Leisure is proud and delighted to be accredited as a Disability Confident Committed Employer (DCCE) working in partnership to challenge negative attitudes towards disability and ensuring disabled people have equal opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their career aspirations. The Disability Confident Committed Employer scheme is a government strategy supporting employers to place inclusivity at the heart of all they do.
As DCCE accredited organisation, Your Leisure is committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating that we are a DCCE employer when promoting vacancies
- Ensuring disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for a role are offered an interview
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required so interviews can be more accessible
- Supporting any existing employee who acquired a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to remain in work
- Offering at least one activity that will make a difference to disabled people, such as providing valuable insight into our roles through job shadowing
Debbie Barker, Human Resources Manager for Your Leisure, said of the scheme; “I am so proud of our teams as there is already great awareness of diversity, equality and inclusion within the organisation. The Disability Confident Committed Employer accreditation allows us to display the nationally recognised DCCE badge to advertise our commitment, through industry best practice, to opening up employment opportunities for disabled people in our communities. It’s important for us as part of our mission to improve the health, wellbeing and lifestyle of everyone within our communities.”
Your Leisure strives to create an accessible, supportive and inclusive working environment across its portfolio and will be working to achieve Disability Confident Leader status through ongoing improvements so that the charitable society can act as a disability employment champion within the local social and business community.