Your Leisure Sports Foundation
Your Leisure Sport Foundation Local Talent Programme
Your Leisure Sport Foundation Talent Programme is aimed at supporting top local sport people by allowing free training at Your Leisure facilities.
Current participating venues:
Hartsdown Leisure Centre
Ramsgate Leisure Centre
Tides Leisure Centre
Access and availability:
Monday to Friday
The scheme is open to all sports people (including those with disabilities) who meet the following criteria:
Applicants must perform at County or Regional level which can be recognised in any of the following ways (not including school sport) and reside within facility District boundaries. (Currently Dover and Thanet):
- Part of a County and/or Regional team or squad.
- Successful in any County or Regional age group competition (top 10 finish) in the last 12 months.
- Ranked within the top 10 on their official governing body rankings table. (County Level)
- Have a FANS membership (Free Access for National Sports People).
- A £10.00 administration fee will be applicable.
National Governing Body verification & confirmation that applicants meet the above criteria must be submitted with the application for membership.
Please note that only sports recognised by Sport England are eligible. Team competing at County level will not be eligible except where individual players are part of the County team.
Your Leisure Sport Foundation Local Talent Programme Terms & Conditions
- There should be no disruption to other users and no additional cost incurred by the facility e.g. floodlighting.
- Turn up and play only. Facilities or activities cannot be booked in advance without payment.
- Facilities used are to be related to their training programme and cannot be used simply for recreational purposes.
- Sports courses and instructor led classes are excluded.
- Membership is renewable every 6 months provided that the member continues to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Talent Programme members who are injured and require facilities for rehabilitation purposes can retain membership provided that written evidence is supplied by the National Governing Body and/or a medical specialist/consultant.
- Members will receive a membership card which must be shown on each visit in order to gain free access. If a member loses their membership card they must contact Your Leisure regarding the re-issuing of a card. Any card re-issued will have a new membership number and the old membership number will be expired to ensure it is not used by another person. (a £10.00 fee applies for replacement membership cards).
- Talent Programme members are allowed one (but no more) free training partner if the sport so requires and/or a personal coach is appropriate. (e.g. Racket Sports).
- As a condition of membership, members will make every reasonable effort to attend promotional events as requested by Your Leisure to act as ‘Sports Ambassadors’ for the company and provide updated information on their personal success.
- Talent Programme members agree to provide a suitable photography and comment for Your Leisure to use in association with the promotion of the scheme via printed and social media.
- Talent Programme members must also make reference to the support from Your Leisure in any press relating to their sporting achievements.
- A Talent Programme membership is not transferable to any other person.
- Failure to comply with the above or any condition related to the Your Leisure Sport Foundation Talent Programme could result in membership being removed from the scheme.
Other related Terms and Conditions:
- Those wishing to access the gym facilities as part of their strength and conditioning programme must first;
- Attend their first session with one of Your Leisure’s Fitness team to validate and confirm the programme that they will be undertaking so that assistance and guidance may be given during future visits.
- Under 16’s MUST on all occasions be supported by their respective coach or a suitable adult during all sessions who should be available for the duration to act within a coaching/assistant role but not participating in any form of personal exercise, working with the Your Leisure instructors to ensure that the athlete conforms to safety requirements.
- Your Leisure reserve the right to review the terms and conditions of the Your Leisure Sport Foundation Talent Programme, including access levels and conditions of usage.
- Where space is limited within a facility or service by user numbers or restricted availability Your Leisure reserve the right to refuse admission to Talent programme members allowing paying members access in the first instance.
Other benefits associated to the Talent Programme:
As part of the Talent programme Your Leisure will also allow fully inclusive access to be gained through subsidised and discount membership options. These currently are as follows and available to over 16’s Only;
Full Gold Membership; 30% discount to standard published price.
Normal Membership terms and condition will then apply
How to register:
To register your interest, simply click on the button above, complete the form and then one of our customer service team will be in touch to complete your application and check and validate acceptance onto the scheme.